As I wrote in my last kitchen ramblings about the rather ugly celeriac I have finally got round to sharing the recipe with you. The feta definitely worked and I am so pleased I substituted it for the blue cheese and as it is in season for another month you still have plenty of time to try it.
What you need:
A muffin tray plus 12 muffin cases
200g spelt flour
200g celeriac -grated
250ml live natural yoghurt
2 eggs ( I always use medium) lightly beaten
60g feta – grated
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
What to do:
1. Sieve the spelt flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda into a bowl
2. Add the yogurt , lightly beaten eggs and grated celeriac and mix together
3. Stir in the feta cheese and spoon into the muffin cases. I am a perfectionist so measure mine and found 65g is a nice quantity
4. Pop into the oven at 180c/350F/gas mark 4 for 15 to 18 minutes . Mine took exactly 18 mins to rise and turn golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and take the cases out of the muffin tray and cool on a cooling rack.
6. I served mine up with a little bit of chutney on the side and mmmmm delicious